- About Us
- Treatment for Infertility
- Egg Donation
- Egg Freezing
- For Patients
- News & Events
- Contact Us
Patients often need specialized care to get them started on the path to pregnancy. As a center recognized world-wide for our knowledge and expertise, we welcome your referrals.
To make the transition between practices as smooth as possible, please provide your patient with a copy of their records and prior evaluation and treatment. If you have the results of a day 2 or 3 FSH and estradiol level test, Clomiphene Challenge test, HSG, or semen analysis, please be sure that your patient brings this information with them to their first consultation at NYU Fertility Center. Please provide your patients with the x-ray film or disc, not just the report, as appropriate.
The following situations are a few examples of scenarios where a referral to NYU Fertility Center would be the appropriate course of action:
- Female age 40 and above
- Day 2 or 3 FSH level ≥ 10
- Problems with sperm - low count, poor motility, or strict morphology
- Standard ovulation induction does not work
- Obstructions or other abnormalities in the fallopian tubes
- Unexplained infertility for 6-12 months or more
- The desire to cryopreserve eggs for future fertility
- The need to cryopreserve eggs due to illness
- The desire for donor sperm, donor eggs or both
Patients that achieve pregnancy are always returned to their referring physician.